**** The conversion of the replacement springs should be made by a specialist workshop.
**** Important: With this suspension solution, we recommend replacing the rear and front shock absorbers together. This is the only way to achieve the best possible handling with this premium suspension system.
The Touratech Suspension EVO shock absorber for the Yamaha Ténéré 700 focuses on top performance under extreme conditions. The new damper piston design has enabled optimised oil flow behaviour. Even at the highest damping frequencies, such as those that occur during fast trail rides, the formation of oil foam is prevented. This means that the damping behaviour of the Touratech Suspension EVO shock remains absolutely consistent over a huge load spectrum. In addition, the new low-friction seal on the massive 16 mm piston rod has extremely low friction values, resulting in an exceptionally low breakaway torque and sensitive response. Annoying jerking, also known as the slip-stick effect, is alien to EVO dampers. These features ensure the best traction, stability and comfort in all conditions.
Easy situational adjustment of setup and balance
The particularly robust "EVO Preload Adjuster" ensures simple and fast adjustment of the balance of the motorcycle to the respective load condition – solo rides, or tours with a partner plus a lot of luggage. The preload of the spring can be easily adjusted over a wide range of settings at comparatively low operating pressure via the large, easy-grip hand wheel.
In line with the simple spring preload, this high-end shock absorber has the finest rebound adjustment ever realized in a motorcycle shock absorber. The precise coordination results in optimum ground contact of the tire with no unpleasant juddering or sagging of the rear, ensuring maximum riding dynamics and the highest level of safety.
The compression damping can be adjusted over a wide range of settings. With no tools required, even those with less experience can realize individual, reproducible setups that take high and low speed damping into account.
Robust Touratech setup for tough conditions
Thanks to the special Touratech setup, EVO suspension elements for the Yamaha Ténéré 700 are suitable “out of the box" for off-road use, even with a high payload.
Service-enabled Long Life components
Like all suspension elements from Touratech Suspension, EVO shock absorbers are of course fully service-enabled. From time to time or after severe stress on long-distance journeys, the dampers can be disassembled and overhauled. After that, they are like new again. For consistent performance and sustained riding pleasure.
- Robust, slim, lightweight precision design with low unsprung masses and maximum strength
- One-piece, milled base part for maximum rigidity and low weight
- New Hyper Flow damper piston for optimum oil flow regardless of operating temperature
- Low-friction seal for exceptionally low breakaway torque and sensitive response
- Robust "EVO Preload Adjuster" with wide range of settings, easy-grip hand wheel and low operating pressure
- Newly developed EVO rebound tuning with precise and effective click-adjustment
- Simple tuning of compression damping in the high and low speed range via adjustment wheels. Exact reproducibility thanks to cleanly engaging "clicks" and numerical scale
- High-quality Uniball bearings with minimum tolerances for highest wear resistance
- Robust Touratech setup for a wide range of applications
- End stop with progressive buffer
- Fully service-enabled
Scope of delivery:
- Ready-to-install shock absorber, type EVO Extreme
- Installation instructions / user manual