**** The conversion of the replacement springs should be made by a specialist workshop.
**** Important: With this suspension solution, we recommend replacing the rear and front shock absorbers together. This is the only way to achieve the best possible handling with this premium suspension system.
The Level 2 shock absorber for the BMW F650GS Dakar is the right choice for long distance riding and touring use. This type of shock absorber offers a large adjustment range with plenty of reserves to meet the demands of motorbike travel. Its floating piston design, hydraulic preload and fine damping adjustment enable a more suitable suspension setup for different loading conditions than is possible with the bike manufacturer's standard components. You can easily and quickly restore the bike's balance via a hand wheel that adjusts the hydraulic spring preload. The damping setting on this Level 2 shock allows the necessary degree of control over the bump and rebound to adjust the shock absorber to suit your individual ride comfort requirements.
Facts at a glance:
- This shock absorber is configured and adjusted ready for use based on our experience with the BMW F650GS Dakar.
- The parameters are: vehicle weight / shock absorber pivot point / design constraints / test rides.
- This shock absorber is designed for a rider's weight including luggage of up to 100 kg.
The matching component for the front of the BMW F650GS Dakar is the progressive replacement fork springs, for BMW F650GS Dakar Art Nr: 01-040-7412-0
A shock absorber that makes it easy and convenient to adjust your bike for different loading conditions.
Characteristics of the Touratech Suspension Level 2 shock absorber:
- The shock absorber body is made of aluminum. This keeps its weight to a minimum.
- Special low-friction seals are fitted. As a result, there is very little wear and the shock absorber has a long service life.
- Strong stainless steel bushings for the securing bolts are fitted to the spring eye. They make sure the securing bolt is seated firmly with no play even under maximum loads.
- All assemblies and components are designed for intense use on heavy touring motorcycles.
- The damper settings were developed in line with Touratech's experience and requirements. They are based on many miles travelled and experiences gained from use by the Touratech Race Team.
- Floating piston design. The floating piston separates the damping fluids - oil and nitrogen - allowing them to work separately. Finer shock absorber response. Precise, high-performance damping even with very high damping frequency (bad roads, dirt tracks). Shock absorber cools better. Minimal restrictions for the shock absorber's fitting position on the motorbike.
- High End hydraulic preload via an easily accessible, well positioned hand wheel.
- QR barcode on the shock absorber contains individual shock absorber data. Simply scan with a smartphone to access the specific information for the shock absorber. Information on the shock absorber's factory settings is always available. Can be reset if incorrectly adjusted.
The basic setup fitted here is designed for riders up to 100 kg including luggage. Modifications are possible for a heavier rider (more than 100 kg) and/or if the bike is usually ridden with a passenger / with luggage. In this case, we individually modify the shock absorber to meet your needs by fitting a spring with a higher spring rate.
Please fill out our suspension check form and send it back to us.