Rear Shock Absorber High-End (Reservoir, Preload, High & Low Speed) - Suzuki V-Strom 1000 from 2014
**** The conversion of the replacement springs should be made by a specialist workshop.
**** Important: With this suspension solution, we recommend replacing the rear and front shock absorbers together. This is the only way to achieve the best possible handling with this premium suspension system.
This High End shock absorber for the Suzuki V-Strom 1000 is perfectly suited to touring and riding with frequent dramatic changes in loading and riding conditions. Its very large adjustment range enables compensation for any type of loading, from a tail bag to a fully loaded luggage system and/or pillion passenger. You can easily and quickly restore the bike's balance via a hand wheel that adjusts the spring preload. The very fine damping adjustment on the external reservoir lets you adjust the suspension effectively and precisely to suit your personal riding style at any time, on any condition of road, and for any purpose - whether motorways, main roads, winding country lanes, off-road sections, long-distance travel with lots of luggage or for a snappy, daring riding style.
You will experience a completely new ride feel on your motorbike.
Facts at a glance:
- This shock absorber is configured and adjusted ready for use based on our experience with the Suzuki V-Strom 1000.
- The parameters are: vehicle weight / shock absorber pivot point / design constraints / test rides.
- This shock absorber is designed for a rider's weight including luggage of up to 100 kg.
- As with all suspension solutions, the rear and front of the motorbike should be modified together.
In this case, the matching component for the front of the Suzuki V-Strom 1000 is the Progressive fork springs for Suzuki V-Strom 1000 from 2014 Touratech Suspension Art.-Nr.: 01-391-5838-0
Characteristics of the Touratech Suspension High End shock absorber:
- The shock absorber body is made of aluminum. This keeps its weight to a minimum.
- All assemblies and components are designed for intense use on heavy touring motorcycles.
- Special low-friction seals are fitted. As a result, there is very little wear and the shock absorber has a long service life.
- Strong stainless steel bushings for the securing bolts are fitted to the spring eye. They make sure the securing bolt is seated firmly with no play even under maximum loads.
- Floating piston design. The floating piston separates the damping fluids - oil and nitrogen - allowing them to work separately. Gives a finer shock absorber response. This results in precise, high-performance damping even with very high damping frequency (bad roads, dirt tracks). Shock absorber cools better. Minimal restrictions for the shock absorber's fitting position on the motorbike.
- High End hydraulic preload via an easily accessible, well positioned hand wheel.
- The damper settings were developed in line with Touratech's experience and requirements. They are based on many miles travelled and experiences gained from use by the Touratech Race Team.
- High End compression damping adjustment always has separate high speed and low speed settings. This allows highly individual compression/rebound adjustment. Perfect adaptability to changing requirements.
- Separate High End external reservoir in the shock absorber's damping assembly. Shock absorber system cools better when riding. Gives the shock absorber greater resilience and a longer service life.
- QR barcode on the shock absorber contains individual shock absorber data. Simply scan with a smartphone to access the specific information for the shock absorber. Information on the shock absorber's factory settings is always available. Can be reset if incorrectly adjusted.
The basic setup fitted here is designed for riders up to 100 kg including luggage. Modifications are possible for a heavier rider (more than 100 kg) and/or if the bike is usually ridden with a passenger / with luggage. In this case, we individually modify the shock absorber to meet your needs by fitting a spring with a higher spring rate. Please fill out our suspension check form and send it back to us.