Front Shock Absorber Extreme (Reservoir, Preload, High & Low Speed) - BMW R1200GSA 06-13
**** Doesn't fit together with Steering damper *CSC* 01-044-5858-0
**** The conversion of the replacement springs should be made by a specialist workshop.
**** Important: With this suspension solution, we recommend replacing the rear and front shock absorbers together. This is the only way to achieve the best possible handling with this premium suspension system.
This Extreme shock absorber ranks in the absolute premium class of suspension components. For even the most extreme conditions. It features PDS, which utilizes a second damping piston to provide hydraulic protection against bottoming out. Even fully laden with luggage under the harshest off-road conditions, the bike will not bottom out and the shock absorber is protected against mechanical overload. Damping characteristics change depending on the road surface. Under most riding conditions, the shock absorber is comfortably adjusted for a less strenuous ride, before the PDS kicks in for the last portion of the shock absorber stroke. At the same time, the strengths of the Telelever system are reinforced by the fine response characteristics of this Touratech shock absorber. The high speed and low speed damping settings allow an extremely fine degree of control to satisfy your ride comfort requirements.
Facts at a glance
- This shock absorber is configured and adjusted ready for use based on our experience with the front end of the BMW R1200GS ADV.
- The parameters are: vehicle weight / shock absorber linkage / design constraints / test rides.
- This shock absorber is designed for nearly all possible loading conditions on the front of the bike.
- A higher spring rate only makes sense if there is significantly greater weight on the front (modifications/conversions).
- As with all suspension solutions, the rear and front of the motorbike should be modified together.
- In this case, the possible component for the rear of the BMW R1200GS ADV are Touratech Suspension *rear* shock absorber for BMW R1200GS ADV 2006-2012 type *Extreme* 01-044-5872-0
Characteristics of the Touratech Suspension Extreme Front shock absorber
- The shock absorber body is made of aluminum.
- This keeps its weight to a minimum.
- Special low-friction seals are fitted. As a result, there is very little wear and the shock absorber has a long service life.
- Strong stainless steel bushings for the securing bolts are fitted to the spring eye. These make sure the securing bolt is seated firmly with no play even under maximum loads.
- All assemblies and components are designed for intense use on heavy touring motorcycles.
- The damper settings were developed in line with Touratech's experience and requirements.
- They are based on many miles travelled and experiences gained from use by the Touratech Race Team.
- “Extreme” compression damping adjustment always has separate high speed and low speed settings. This allows highly individual compression/rebound adjustment. Perfect adaptability to changing requirements.
- Separate “Extreme” external reservoir in the shock absorber's damping assembly. Means shock absorber system cools better when riding. Gives the shock absorber greater resilience and a longer service life.
- Floating piston design. The floating piston separates the damping fluids – oil and nitrogen – allowing them to work separately. Gives a finer shock absorber response. Precise, high-performance damping even with very high damping frequency (bad roads, dirt tracks). Shock absorber cools better. Minimal restrictions for the shock absorber's fitting position on the motorbike.
- Features “Extreme” PDS, which utilizes a second damping piston to provide hydraulic protection against bottoming out. Even fully laden with luggage under the most extreme off-road conditions, the bike will not bottom out and the shock absorber is protected against mechanical overload.
- This shock absorber can be fitted even in the small installation space on the front end of the BMW R1200GS ADV
- QR code on the shock absorber contains individual shock absorber data. Simply scan with a smartphone to access the specific information for the shock absorber. Information on the shock absorber's factory settings is always available. Can be reset if incorrectly adjusted.
If you have fitted a tank to your motorcycle which is larger than the original tank, or modified your bike to carry extra luggage, modifications will be necessary. In this case, we individually modify the shock absorber to meet your needs by fitting a spring with a higher spring rate. Please fill out our suspension check form and send it back to us.