**** Special order item depends on availability at Garmin at the time of purchase. Contact us to check availability.
NAVIGATE THE UNFORGIVING
Built for high speed and high performance, this rugged off-road chase navigator has the tools you need to stay on track and the communication technology to stay in touch with global satellite coverage. With Tread XL - Baja Chase Edition, you’ll know where your race vehicle is and be able to communicate and support your team if any challenges come up or if you need to coordinate repairs.
- Team tracking with built-in inReach technology allows race vehicles and chase trucks to message and track each other with live position updates.
- GPX course file-compatibility lets you view course start/end, racetrack line, virtual checkpoints, pit locations and race mile markers.
- This rugged navigator is IP67 dust and weather-resistant and has a 10” ultrabright touchscreen display.
- Get prerunning tools for creating custom pacenotes — such as “sharp turn” — to help navigate your most efficient route through virtual checkpoints.
- The Tread Baja Chase Edition includes a heavy-duty suction cup for easy portability from one support truck to another.
- Put your device in chase mode to track your race vehicle with real-time updates on the map.
Team tracking with built-in inReach technology lets you see the live positions of your race vehicle and chase truck in real time with global satellite coverage. And you can easily send and receive messages to coordinate repairs. Requires active inReach Flex Team subscription.
The Tread Baja Chase Edition has a heavy-duty suction cup, vehicle power cable and robust, portable mounting hardware to easily move from one chase truck to another.
KNOW THE COURSE
Import the GPX data ahead of time to view the course start/end, racetrack line, all virtual checkpoints, pit locations and race mile markers.
Prerunning tools let you create custom pacenotes — such as “sharp turn,” “stepdown” or “danger” — to help you anticipate obstacles and navigate the most efficient route through all virtual checkpoints.
TRACK YOUR TRUCK
When in chase mode, use your device to track a race vehicle with real-time updates on the map.
Get enhanced performance with the external GPS antenna and external inReach antenna (each sold separately). Both are in low-profile, water-resistant housings and have many installation options.
CONTROL YOUR ACCESSORIES
Tread XL works with the Garmin PowerSwitch digital switch box (sold separately) to control your vehicle’s 12-volt accessories, such as rock lights, fans and air pumps.
Purpose-built for all-terrain use, this Tread device stands up to desert temperatures and challenging terrain. It’s also IP67-rated for dust and water-resistance.
TEAM TRACKING PLANS
Enjoy team tracking with unlimited SOS, text messages and more (requires active inReach Flex Team subscription).
Downloadable high-resolution BirdsEye Satellite Imagery shows vivid overhead views of your surroundings. Satellite imagery for the North Baja Peninsula comes preloaded on the device.