**** Doesn't fit Adventure Sports models
**** The conversion of the replacement springs should be made by a specialist workshop.
**** Important: With this suspension solution, we recommend replacing the rear and front shock absorbers together. This is the only way to achieve the best possible handling with this premium suspension system.
More performance and comfort for your Honda CRF1100L Africa-Twin with the Touratech Suspension shock absorber Explore HP/PDS. Whether you set off to ride through many curves or to have a nice tour with your friends, the great adjusting range allows you to get a better setting of balance and damping as you could with the standard components. The Leve/PDS emulsion shock absorber can be adjusted via a hand wheel that adjusts the hydraulic spring preload. to be adapted to the load of the big travel luggage. Its compact design also houses our PDS system. This provides hydraulic protection that prevents bottoming out even while carrying full touring gear in the most extreme off-road conditions. The shock absorber is protected against mechanical overload. Damping characteristics change depending on the road surface. Under most riding conditions, the shock absorber gives a smooth response and is comfortably adjusted for a less strenuous ride.
Facts at a glance:
- This shock absorber is configured and adjusted ready for use based on our experience with the Honda CRF1100L Africa-Twin.
- The parameters are: vehicle weight / shock absorber pivot point / design constraints / test rides.
- As with all suspension solutions, the rear and front of the motorbike should be modified together.
- If only one component is changed, optimal handling will not be achieved.
The basic setup fitted here is designed for riders up to 100 kg including luggage. Modifications are possible for a heavier rider (more than 100 kg) and/or if the bike is usually ridden with a passenger / with luggage. In this case, we individually modify the shock absorber to meet your needs by fitting a spring with a higher spring rate.
Please fill out our suspension check form and send it back to us.
Scope of delivery:
- Ready-to-mount shock absorber.
- General Operating License
- Mounting instructions / user manual