Front & Rear Shock Absorber ESA / Plug & Travel Explore - BMW R1200GSA 07-10 with Showa
**** The conversion of the replacement springs should be made by a specialist workshop.
This Plug & Travel ESA suspension system for the BMW R1200GS Adventure is a robust replacement for the BMW standard ESA suspension system. The BMW ESA buttons function in the same way as before, but the ride characteristics are a great deal better. The Plug & Travel ESA shock absorbers have been specifically configured for the original BMW ESA equipment of your BMW R1200GS ADV with the same ESA ride modes, top performance and the finest of suspension system technology for your BMW R1200GS ADV. The BMW ESA shock absorber simply replaces the complete BMW ESA shock absorber. The existing plugs and switches on the handlebar are used as usual. Thus the Touratech suspension shock absorber is integrated into the motorcycle using the original BMW controls.
The main features and facts of the Plug & Travel-ESA shock absorber:
- The Plug & Travel ESA suspension system configured ready for installation 'Out of the Box'
- Special Touratech-Plug & Travel setup for balance, damping and rebound.
- The Plug & Travel ESA shock absorbers are connected to the original plugs.
- Unique, robust, electrohydraulic Touratech 'Extreme' spring pre-tension.
- Integrated in the shock absorber, the unique Touratech Plug & Travel stepping motor for damping adjustment.
- All components are operated by the BMW control unit and are integrated in the motorcycle.
- Operation using the original BMW ESA button remains unchanged.
- The same ESA button with substantially better effect.
- Identical BMW ESA ride modes with better ride dynamics.
- Display of the BMW ESA ride modes in the familiar manner on the BMW display.
The complete BMW ESA replacement suspension system for more riding pleasure & safety at the touch of a button.
Features of the Touratech Suspension Plug & Travel-ESA:
- The shock absorber housing is made of aluminum / steel.
- All assemblies and components are designed for intensive use with heavy touring motorcycles.
- Large 16 mm piston rod made of chromium-molybdenum steel for maximum stability and durability
- Fitted with special low-friction seals. This results in very low wear and long durability of the shock absorber.
- The suspension spacer is fitted with sturdy stainless steel bushes for the fastening screws. This gives the fastening screw a firm, backlash-free fit, even at highest loads.
- The Touratech Suspension stepping motor, developed specifically for us, is integrated into the suspension shock absorber.
- Uniquely robust hydraulic 'Extreme' spring pre-tension via BMW ESA button
- All setting options of the BMW ESA are retained in full.
- The Touratech Plug & Travel ESA is operated via the original BMW hand controls.
- Special Touratech setup for balance, damping and rebound.
- The Plug & Travel suspension shock absorber for the ESA is fully service-enabled. This allows permanent maximum ride dynamics.
The installed basic setup is set for riders up to 100 kg including travel luggage. Adjustment for considerably higher loads or other exceptional requirements is possible. The suspension shock absorber is then customized by us to your requirements using a spring with a higher spring rate and other configurations. Please use our suspension system check form and send us the filled in form.
Scope of delivery:
- Touratech Suspension Plug & Travel-ESA FRONT shock absorber
- Touratech Suspension Plug & Travel-ESA REAR shock absorber
- 2 x Touratech Plug & Travel-ESA electronic systems.