50mm Lowering Rear Shock Absorber Level 1 (Low Speed) - BMW R1200GS 04-12
**** To ensure the parked stability of your BMW R1200GS after it has been lowered, we recommend using the kick stand (standard length) and/or the center stand from BMW. These parts are available from your BMW dealer.
**** The conversion of the replacement springs should be made by a specialist workshop.
**** Important: With this suspension solution, we recommend replacing the rear and front shock absorbers together. This is the only way to achieve the best possible handling with this premium suspension system.
This shock absorber is perfect for reducing the seat height (-5 cm) on the BMW R1200GS. Your BMW R1200GS stays well tuned and ideally suited to touring use. The Level 1 shock absorber offers a large adjustment range with plenty of reserves to meet the demands of motorbike travel. With this high-performance shock, you can perfectly adjust your bike's balance. The appropriate shock absorber needs to be fitted to compensate on the front end of the BMW R1200GS (see facts at a glance). You can adjust the spring preload for large luggage loads using an adjustment tool. The damping setting on this Level 1 shock allows the necessary degree of control over the bump and rebound to adjust the shock absorber to suit your individual ride comfort requirements.
Facts at a glance:
- This shock absorber is configured and adjusted ready for use based on our experience with the BMW R1200GS.
- The parameters are: vehicle weight / shock absorber pivot point / design constraints / test rides.
- This shock absorber is designed for a rider's weight including luggage of up to 100 kg.
- As with all suspension solutions, the rear and front of the motorbike should be modified together.
- The matching component for the front of the BMW R1200GS is the Touratech Suspension *front* shock absorber for BMW R1200GS *lowering* 01-044-5876-0
Characteristics of the Touratech Suspension Level 1 shock absorber:
- The shock absorber body is made of aluminum. This keeps its weight to a minimum.
- Special low-friction seals are fitted. As a result, there is very little wear and the shock absorber has a long service life. Strong stainless steel bushings for the securing bolts are fitted to the spring eye. They make sure the securing bolt is seated firmly with no play even under maximum loads.
- All assemblies and components are designed for intense use on heavy touring motorcycles.
- The damper settings were developed in line with Touratech's experience and requirements. They are based on many miles travelled and experiences gained from use by the Touratech Race Team.
- Floating piston design. The floating piston separates the damping fluids – oil and nitrogen – allowing them to work separately. Finer shock absorber response. Precise, high-performance damping even with very high damping frequency (bad roads, dirt tracks). Shock absorber cools better. Minimal restrictions for the shock absorber's fitting position on the motorbike.
- QR barcode on the shock absorber contains individual shock absorber data. Simply scan with a smartphone to access the specific information for the shock absorber. Information on the shock absorber's factory settings is always available. Can be reset if incorrectly adjusted.
The basic setup fitted here is designed for riders up to 100 kg including luggage. Modifications are possible for a heavier rider (more than 100 kg) and/or if the bike is usually ridden with a passenger / with luggage. In this case, we individually modify the shock absorber to meet your needs by fitting a spring with a higher spring rate. Please fill out our suspension check form and send it back to us.