35mm Lowering Shock Absorber Extreme PDS (Reservoir, Preload, High & Low Speed) - Yamaha Tenere 700
**** The conversion of the replacement springs should be made by a specialist workshop.
**** Important: With this suspension solution, we recommend replacing the rear and front shock absorbers together. This is the only way to achieve the best possible handling with this premium suspension system.
**** We seriously advise against sliding the fork tubes up in the fork clamp. This has an extremely adverse effect on the motorbike's handling.
**** To ensure the parked stability of your Yamaha 700 Tenere after it has been lowered, we recommend using shorter kick stand and/or the center stand.
This shock absorber is perfect for reducing the seat height (-35mm) on the Yamaha 700 Tenere. Your Yamaha 700 Tenere stays well tuned and ideally suited to touring use. This shock absorber is perfectly suited to touring and riding with frequent dramatic changes in loading and riding conditions, and the most extreme demands. The Extreme shock absorber is fitted with a position sensitive damping system (PDS), which utilizes a second damping piston to provide hydraulic protection against bottoming out. Even fully laden with luggage under the most extreme off-road conditions, the bike will not bottom out and the shock absorber is protected against mechanical overload. Damping characteristics change depending on the road surface. When riding under most conditions, the shock absorber is comfortably adjusted for a less strenuous ride, before the PDS kicks in for the last portion of the shock absorber stroke.
Most important features:
- The shock absorber is configured on the basis of our experience with the Yamaha 700 Tenere and is set "ready-to-ride".
- Parameters include weight of the vehicle / pivot of the shock absorber / constructional conditions / test rides.
- The shock absorber described here is designed for up to 100 kg weight of the rider including travel luggage.
- The rear and front sections of the motorcycle should be adjusted for all chassis solutions.
The basic setup fitted here is designed for riders up to 100 kg including luggage. Modifications are possible for a heavier rider (more than 100 kg) and/or if the bike is usually ridden with a passenger / with luggage. In this case, we individually modify the shock absorber to meet your needs by fitting a spring with a higher spring rate.
Scope of delivery:
- Ready-to-mount shock absorber.
- General Operating License
- Mounting instructions / user manual